Terms and Conditions
By using the bithound.io web site ("Service"), or any services of bitHound, Inc ("bitHound"), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms & Conditions"). IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND ALL USERS WHO ACCESS OUR SERVICES THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS "YOU" OR "YOUR" SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY, ITS AFFILIATES AND USERS ASSOCIATED WITH IT. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
If bitHound makes material changes to these Terms, we will notify you by email or by posting a notice on our site before the changes are effective. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms & Conditions. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms & Conditions at any time at: http://www.bithound.io/terms-and-conditions.
Violation of any of the terms below could result in the termination of your Account. While bitHound prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that bitHound cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be at least 13 years of age to use the Service.
- You must be a human. Any accounts registered by "bots" or any other automated methods are not allowed.
- To use the Service, you must log in with Bitbucket and/or GitHub using OAuth.
- Your login may only be used by one person. A single account used by multiple individuals is not permitted.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. However, by requesting that the Service analyze one of your publicly available repositories hosted on Bitbucket and/or GitHub ("Open Source") you're agreeing that the analysis results will be publicly available through the service. Should your Open Source repository change from being publicly available on Bitbucket and/or GitHub to private access only on Bitbucket and/or GitHub, the Service will no longer make its analysis results publicly accessible. Only those with permissions to the private Bitbucket and/or GitHub repository will have access to the analysis on the Service.
- bitHound does not pre-screen Content, but bitHound and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- You shall defend bitHound against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against bitHound by a third party alleging that Your Content, or Your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement, infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of a third party or violates applicable law, and shall indemnify bitHound for any damages finally awarded against, and for reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by, bitHound in connection with any such claim, demand, suit or proceeding; provided, that bitHound (a) promptly gives You written notice of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding; (b) gives You sole control of the defense and settlement of the claim, demand, suit or proceeding (provided that You may not settle any claim, demand, suit or proceeding unless the settlement unconditionally releases bitHound of all liability); and (c) provides to You all reasonable assistance, at Your expense.
Payment and Billing
- All paid plans must enter a valid credit card number. Free accounts are not required to provide payment account information.
- An upgrade from the free plan to any paying plan will automatically opt you in to billing.
- All plans are based on monthly payment plans, the Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis from the date you opted into a paid plan and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only Canadian (federal and/or provincial) taxes.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level while on a monthly billing cycle, the credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of Content, features, or capacity of your Account. bitHound does not accept any liability for such loss.
- The use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Services is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Support for the Service is provided in English only and via email at email@example.com.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, bitHound, or any other bitHound service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by bitHound.
- If your consumption of the Service results in excessive usage of bitHound resources (as determined solely by bitHound). We reserve the right to immediately disable your account or limit your access until usage requirements are reduced.
- You expressly understand and agree that bitHound shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if bitHound has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of bitHound to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms & Conditions constitutes the entire agreement between you and bitHound and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and bitHound (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms & Conditions). You agree that these Terms & Conditions and Your use of the Service are governed under Ontario, Canada law.
- Any questions about our Terms & Conditions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.